Friday, March 19, 2010

double choc chip muffins (super easy)

There is a common theme that runs in my family between my two (younger) brothers and I.

who is the golden child??

being the oldest, the one living out from home, studying and supporting myself, it was easy for me to gain golden child status. however, after finishing my degree and successfully failing at finding a professional job and contemplating the move back home (arggghhh) the title was passed onto a brother. this title cycled between them...depending on who had called dad that day or done something smart/clever/commendable (such as taking the washing off without being asked). those really hard jobs.
HOWEVER i was determined to obtain my title again...and the only way i knew how, was with food. my mum is a brilliant cook (which lead to my obsessions) and always provided my brothers, dad and i with a delicious home baked treat in our lunch boxes. knowing that while they were living in an apartment and searching for a house there would be no time or utensils for baking, i decided to take matters into my own hands and make my really really easy (in)famous double choc chip muffins.
therefore, after a hard day slogging it at my causal job, i whipped up a batch of muffins and took them to my parents place. needless to say, i was immediately announced 'daughter of the year' and regained my official title.

so, to all you brothers and sisters out there...if you are looking to achieve golden child status, i suggest you grab the mixing bowl and raid the pantry and provide some baked goodness to sweeten the deal



Double choc chip muffins (makes 12)

1 1/2 c flour
3 tspn baking powder
1/3 c sugar
1/2 tspn salt
1/2 c white choc chip bits
1/2 c dark choc chip bits
1 c milk
1 egg
90g butter melted
1 tspn vanilla essence

Preheat oven to 180 and prepare muffin tin. Mix dry ingredients (first 6 ingredients). Combine egg, milk and butter. Stir into flour mixture. Place in oven for 20-25 minutes.

seriously...how easy is that?

Tips
For crazy decadent muffins, use 3 tbspns of cocoa instead of vanilla essence and make chocolate double choc chip muffins!
Melt some chocolate and drizzle it over the top and serve warm with icecream for an amazing dessert
Muffins can be stored in the freezer for about 3 months...if you wrap them in gladwrap in the morning they will be defrosted by snack time :)

oh and btw...i am now reverted back to the golden child ;) HA

No comments:

Post a Comment