Monday, July 16, 2012

Little Willys

Little Willys..
267 William Street, Northbridge

Miss K and I were well overdue for a coffee date. I was working at sherbs, and she was in the city, so when she suggested LW in northbridge I was like...well heck, why not.

Bypassing the hipsters sitting outside with their long macs, Miss K and I ventured inside - her in gym gear and me in my cake-covered work clothes, well...we didn't fit in. But the super lovely french lady at the till made us feel welcome, and completely understood what I meant when I asked for a:

CHAI TEA WITH THE SOY MILK BREWED IN THE POT

which is apparently, the way it is SUPPOSED to be done, and the way that LW does it. (p.s just a tiny shout out to Hannah, who introduced me to the CTWSMBIP). So we sat on the homemade tables and drank our chai and juice, talked about our amazing lives, sheltered from the cold and watched northbridge unwind on a friday afternoon - we then went to the perth supper club which was AMAZEBALLS.



About a week later, I was meant to go to the tuckshop cafe with dan - it was closed - so we headed on down to LW. The breakfast menu is short, but consists of non-egg food (yay!) and a great selection of muffins, croissants and friands and apparently the best breakfast burrito outside mexico - I have to admit, it was pretty good.

While sitting in the corner (this time appropriately hipster-ed out in my skirt stocking jacket combo) sipping my CTWSMBIP and eating blueberry coconut bread I realised that life couldnt get any better. BLUEBERRY COCONUT BREAD. It had so many blueberries, and the nutty coconut flavour just ran with it. Lightly toasted and crunchy with a good smathering of butter...mmmmmmm.



The staff are super-friendly-chatty, the decor is unusual, the chairs could use a few cushions to be comfier (the bench isnt quite wide enough for a full blown sprawl though), there is a steady pile of magazines/newspapers, the flowers are fresh, the food is tasty and my chai (and dans coffee) were amazing. Oh, and its also possibly the cheapest coffee in perth? $3.80 for a CTWSMBIP and $3 for the blueberry coconut bread is absolutely ridiculous awesome.

So little willys, you have won my soy-chai-blueberry heart. <3

I will(y) be back, and there will be friends coming with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment