Monday, February 7, 2011

Chicken and Mango parcels (a)

Anyone who reads this blog frequently knows that


I DONT LIKE MANGO


personally I think it is just proof that I am not a REAL australian, I may drink beer and wear thongs, but I DONT EAT MANGO.


I like mango FLAVOURED things...mango smoothies, mango yoghurt. 
I like mango IN things...mango pudding, mango yoghurt, mango cake. 
I like the SMELL of (non overripe) mango...mango body butter from the body shop.


henceforth I come to the conclusion:



I DONT LIKE TO EAT STRAIGHT MANGO


I think it has to do with the slimy texture and the overripe smell. Ergh.


Last night I made mango and chicken parcels, which are one of my mums specialties. It took me a while to admit that I wanted to try it, and when I did, it  only proved my mango theory...as long as its not straight, I can eat it and enjoy it (a bit like galliano).


So, for all of you mango lovers out there...yummy yummy easy dinner...


Chicken and Mango parcels


mmmm cheesy chicken goodness


2 sheets puff pastry
2 chicken breasts, sliced into about 8 pieces
50g (approx) philly cream cheese
4 tspns Byron bay coconut and chilli sauce
8 slices mango
8 pieces of bocconcini cheese
6-8 chives, choppped roughly


pre baking.




Preheat oven to 180 celcius and line a baking tray with paper.
Lay the puff pastry sheets out and cut into 4 quarters.
Use a knife to spread a thin layer of philly in the middle of each quarter.
Spread 1/2 tspn of coconut chilli sauce ontop of the philly.
Place the chicken and mango ontop of the sauce.
Chop each piece of bocconcini into quarters, place 2 quarters on each pastry quarter.
Sprinkle chives evenly ontop of all the quarters.
Fold the pastry on the diagonal to make a triangular parcel and press the edges firmly together between finger and thumb to close.
Place on the baking tray and make 2 small openings in the top of the parcel.
Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown ontop.
Serve with extra coconut and chilli sauce and a fresh salad.


Tips
I know not everyone has byron bay coconut chilli sauce lying around, so you could use chilli sauce or sweet chilli sauce instead.
Add mushrooms for something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment