Wednesday, February 16, 2011

peach and mango cake (a)

Its 5:30 am on sunday morning and i am sleep-making my breakfast (due to having work at 6). I find that someone finished the tinned fruit and didnt open another tin. sighing, I find a new tin, tupperware to put it in, and open it. 
This is an extra two minutes in my 25-minutes-to-get-to-work routine that I cannot afford. 


I pour the tinned fruit into the tupperware and am about to put some on my weet-bix when through my sleepy state i realise...


SOMEONE BROUGHT THE PEACHES IN MANGO PUREE

AGAIN! ! !


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I quickly put the fruit back in the fridge and put jam on my weet-bix instead.


Now, anyone who reads this blog frequently knows about my issue with mango. Tinned puree mango is possibly the worst form of mango. So again, I was stuck with a tin of peaches in mango puree. I decided the best way to use them would be in a peach upside down cake. Unfortunately, I couldnt find a good one online. So I turned to the WW. Modified it a bit...and came up with this...(btw shortest ingredient list EVER).


Peach and Mango cake




185g butter
1/2 c castor sugar
2 eggs
1 1/4 c of tinned peaches and mango puree
1 3/4 c self raising flour


Preheat oven to 140 celcius, prepare a ring tin (line with baking paper or grease).
Cream butter and sugar in a bowl.
Add eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition.
Add half of the flour and mix well.
Add the peaches and mango puree, stir well. Dont worry if the peaches break up!
Add the rest of the flour and combine well.
Place the mix into the prepared tin and bake for about 1-1 1/4 hours, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Dust with icing sugar and store in airtight container.
Alternatively, serve warm with custard or icecream for dessert mmmmmm :)




Tips
Ok so this was so easy, I couldn't think of any tips until I tried to tip it out of the tin...WAIT UNTIL THE CAKE HAS FULLY COOLED and make sure you greased the tin well, otherwise it will break. 
But I did get to eat the broken bit and it tastes GREAT :) very happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment