Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hazelnut Chocolates (a)

A couple of years ago, my mum allowed me to do the WHOLE process of making the hazelnut chocolates for Christmas. From then on, it has always been my job to make the Hazelnut chocolates, and when she tried to do it this year, I had to forcibly remove her from the kitchen.

I am going to write the recipe exactly as I did it, which ended up with about 150 chocolates. I had tripled the original recipe, so if you use 1/3 of the ingredients, you will end up with about 50 chocolates.
These chocolates are time consuming BUT amazingly good, and everyone who eats them will be impressed, I promise. If they aren't, then there is something wrong with them, NOT you.


Hazelnut Chocolates




210g roasted hazelnuts
600g dark cooking chocolate
150g butter
3 egg yolks
2 tbspn hazelnut liqueur
150 small tin foil cases




Spread foil cases out onto a baking tray.
Roast the hazelnuts and rub between your hands to get rid of the skin.
Chop the hazelnuts, saving about a handful whole (to garnish later).
Melt the chocolate and butter in a large bowl.




Stir the egg yolks into the chocolate, one at a time, mixing well between each addition.
Stir in the liqueur, (I always add an extra dash for good luck).
Add in the chopped hazelnuts and mix well.




Spoon about 1 tspn of the mix into small foil cases.
Place a whole hazelnut ontop of some of the chocolate.




Tips
You can buy pre roasted hazelnuts, just remember to get rid of as much skin as possible.
Use 70% dark chocolate for extra decadent chocolates.
Use a baby spoon to spoon chocolate into foil cases, I find its easier.
Foil cases can be brought from most kitchen stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment