Wednesday, January 5, 2011

White Chocolate Apricot Almond (a)

Happy new year everyone! I'm a bit behind on a few recipes, so gonna get straight into it. This year, I want to expand the blog, add on a separate tab so you can follow our food reviews (if you know how to do this, PLEASE let me know) as well as recipes. I also wanna get more people reading this, and I PROMISE to get better at taking photos.


Anyways, following on from Christmas, I made a white chocolate...of sorts...it was meant to be truffles, but I couldn't remember the real recipe, so I made more of a chocolate crunch. Its super easy, and great for a small Christmas gift :) Read on to find out more....


White chocolate apricot almond






2 blocks white cooking chocolate
150 g slivered almonds
1 cup dried apricots
50g butter


Prepare a baking tray.
Melt butter and white chocolate.
Cut apricots into pieces.
Mix almonds and apricots into the chocolate.
Spread onto tray, about 1-2cm thick and leave to set in the fridge overnight.
Break into bite sized pieces and store in the fridge.


Tips
Together with the hazelnut chocolates, this makes a great Christmas present when wrapped up in green/red cellophane and tied with ribbon. I made about 12, which mum and dad took to work for their workmates!

No comments:

Post a Comment